There is more and more scientific evidence that a mindfulness practice can be very helpful in the workplace.
The British Government
The British Government published a report about mindfulness and gave the results of some of the studies that were done.
The report can be found at this link
In that report at the bottom of Page 44 and the beginning of Page 55 it details a study done at Transport for London and Mindfulness Works. They had a six week course based on MBCT and MBSR programs. The course paid dividends: among employees who have attended the course:
- The number of days off for stress, anxiety and depression have fallen by 71% over the following three years.
- Absences for all conditions dropped by 50% over that time.
- 80% of participants reporting improvements in their relationships,
- 79% improvements in their ability to relax,
- 64% improvements in sleep patterns
- 53% improvements in happiness at work.
To reduce pre-Alzheimer’s cognitive impairment, get to the yoga mat – UCLA study finds yoga, meditation more effective than memory-boosting exercises click here