- Day 1 – 10 min – Body Scan – Click Here
- Day 2 – 10 min – Long slow breath – Click Here
- Day 3 – 10 min – Soft Belly – From Mind Body Medicine – Click Here
- Day 4 – 10 min – Qigong – Lee Holden – Click Here
- Day 5 and 6 – Choose whichever one of the two 10-minute practices you wish to do
- Day 6 and 7 – Do a 10-minute meditation without being guided. Choose any combination of techniques.
- Do the body scan before you go to sleep. Like on you back and do not move.
- Continue to practice the other informal practices from the first week.
- Body scan can be done as a formal practice or to help you with your sleep. To use it to sleep
- First relax the body with long slow breaths for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Lie flat on your back and don’t move.
- Go slowly through your body focusing on each part.
- Focus on the sensations and don’t worry if you don’t feel anything.
- Consciously relax each part of your body.
- When you have gone through the whole body send a wave of relaxation through the whole body from the top of your head to the tip of your toes.
- Start over. It doesn’t matter whether you start from the top of your head down to the toes or in reverse order.
- For some people focusing on the body is easier than focusing on the breath.
- When your mind wanders:
- Notice the tone of the voice that you are talking to yourself. Is it kind, forgiving and encouraging?
- If it is a repeating story that you are saying to yourself then give it a name. The “woe is me story”. The world is not fair story.
- You might question the story. Is it true? Is it helpful?
Basic Instructions for Meditation
Personalize your practice
Prayers and quotes